Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
Petco’s mission is to improve the lives of pets, pet parents, and Petco partners. We strongly believe that, as we live our lives in and out of Petco, we must use our power to listen, include and lift each other to our fullest potential. We strive to be agents of change against inequality.
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where every single Petco partner is welcome to bring their most authentic self to work every day, and thrive. We believe our company is enriched by the diversity of talent, backgrounds, experiences and ideas our partners bring, and are committed to making Petco a place where our similarities and the differences are welcomed, respected, appreciated, and valued. We promote the feeling of genuine acceptance and support that encourages diverse ideas, experiences, and individual contributions.
How Petco defines diversity, inclusion and belonging:
- Diversity – We appreciate the diverse dimensions that make each of us who we are
- Inclusion – The intentional actions we take to make others feel welcomed, respected, appreciated and valued
- Belonging – The feeling of genuine acceptance and support that encourage diverse ideas, experiences, and individual contributions
We are committed to working together as one family – hand in hand with the communities where we live and work – to find new ways to do more and do better.
Petco’s diversity, inclusion and belonging commitments:
- Reinforcing our zero-tolerance policy for racism, discrimination, or harassment of any kind
- Redoubling our efforts around hiring, developing, and promoting underrepresented communities, and holding ourselves accountable with tangible annual progress objectives
- Holding discussions with political leaders in locales where we are significant tax payors to review statistics around police actions against people of color and supporting legislation that can positively affect this issue
- Continue driving a more inclusive and diverse culture by listening to and educating our Petco family with appropriate diversity and inclusion awareness training, focus groups, roundtable discussions and more
- Increasing our support for ALL of our Partner Resource Groups
- Sponsoring the work of our dedicated diversity, inclusion and belonging (DI&B) team who leads the overall structure, processes, and integration into our entire business
All Petco leaders participate in diversity, inclusion and belonging training aimed at building respect in the workplace. Additionally, we developed and launched formalized awareness and experiences training with key stakeholders and leaders. As we bring this professional development opportunity to more Petco partners, we are committed to doing so by paying special attention to systematic equality.
To trailblaze new standards, and lead our business and industry through our decision making, we’re committed to offering individuals of varying perspectives and backgrounds a seat at the decision-making table. We draw support from a vast network, including leaders across the business. Petco’s Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging Council and Partner Resource Groups (PRGs) are empowered to bring the added perspectives and accountability needed for continued progress on our DI&B journey.
Petco’s current PRG roster:
- Ability at Petco
- Black at Petco
- LGBTQ+ at Petco
- Military & Veterans at Petco
- Pan Asian American at Petco
- PetContigo (Latinx PRG) at Petco
- Women at Petco
We foster an open forum and seek constant feedback from our partners to ensure we are meeting their expectations, so we can all reach our individual and collective objectives. To help cultivate strong connections, Petco encourages the growth of our partner resource groups.
PETCO MEDIA CONTACTS
Our Petco partners:
We strive to create an inclusive culture where every single Petco partner is welcome to bring their most authentic self to work every day, and thrive. We believe our company is enriched by the diversity of talent, backgrounds, experiences and ideas our partners bring, and are committed to making Petco a place where our similarities and the differences are welcomed, respected, appreciated, and valued. We promote the feeling of genuine acceptance and support that encourages diverse ideas, experiences, and individual contributions.
We look to represent the communities we serve and meet their diverse needs.
Our focus on well-being translates into a culture that inspires partners to care for one another and for leaders to act with empathy and compassion. Our focus on belonging offers Petco a competitive edge on our mission of improving the lives of pets, pet parents and Petco partners. By fostering a diverse and inclusive culture we drive more successful business results. We generate value through innovation and genuine, deep connection with our customers.