At Petco, our mission to improve the lives of pets, pet parents and our own Petco partners fuels everything we do. We’re focused on purpose-driven performance, and strongly believe what’s good for pets, people and our planet is good for Petco.
Since our founding in 1965, we've been trailblazing new standards in pet care, delivering comprehensive wellness solutions through our products and services, and creating communities that deepen the pet-pet parent bond. We’ve proved that helping protect the health and wellness of people, pets, the communities we serve and the broader world around us is looking out for the health and wellness of our business.
In partnership with Petco Love and other organizations, we’ve built a strong foundation for positive societal impact for more than 55 years, but we know there is still much more we can accomplish together. We are proud of where we have come from and we are even more excited about where we are heading.
- We put pets first: Our belief is that if it’s good for pets, it’s good for Petco.
- We raise the bar: Our ambition is to catalyze the entire pet industry by combining passion and expertise, pioneering and trailblazing new standards in care.
- We build communities: Bringing together communities of pets and pet parents to deepen connections and celebrate the love between us.
- We deliver whole health solutions. As your partner, we deliver connected and personalized solutions that focus on your pet’s total care.
- We fight for every pet: Always striving to make health & wellness accessible for all pets, no matter their situation.
Our corporate responsibility platform
As part of our mission to improve lives, we aim to positively impact the well-being of all pets, people and the planet we share, by:
- Setting the standard in responsible animal care
- Helping people thrive
- Preserving the health of our planet
Reporting and progress
As part of our commitment to transparent and accountable communication to the communities we serve, we published Petco’s first sustainability report in May of 2021. Informed by our materiality assessment, this report includes goals, important metrics such as our carbon footprint assessment, and the activities currently underway across each impact area.
To ensure we continue serving in the best interest of pets, people and the planet we share, we are committed to accelerating current corporate responsibility initiatives, and reporting on our progress.