People and pets cannot thrive without a healthy planet. Petco is raising the bar for sustainability in pet care by offering more sustainable products and services to pet parents. As a health and wellness company, we are acutely aware of our collective impact on our planet’s natural resources and are committed to actively driving change for the better through accelerated sustainability efforts within our business, industry and the world.
We are dedicated to offering our pets and pet parents more sustainable products – including those that are manufactured and packaged responsibly, feature sustainably sourced materials and ingredients, and advance animal welfare. We’re committing to increasing our assortment of sustainable products to 50% by the end of 2025.
Sustainable products at Petco must align with at least one the following five sustainability pillars:
- Responsible manufacturing – brands and products that use responsible manufacturing practices during production
- Sustainably sourced materials – products made with materials like organic cotton or recycled nylon
- Sustainably sourced ingredients – food and treats made with ingredients that are more environmentally friendly or emit fewer greenhouse gases
- Responsible packaging – packaging designed to be refilled with the same type of product or for multiple uses
- Animal welfare – brands helping ensure animals are treated humanely and products meet Petco’s cruelty-free standard
To learn more and to see our sustainable product assortment, visit petco.com/sustainability.