SAN DIEGO, Nov. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- To help customers get in the festive spirit, Petco will be hosting fun and informative holiday-themed events at Petco and Unleashed by Petco stores nationwide throughout November and December. Events range from Pet Services Calming Solutions Seminars to Photos with Santa and opportunities for pet parents to give back– everything pet parents need to prepare for a successful holiday season with their pets.
Holiday events at Petco locations include:
- Instagram Photo Contest: From Nov. 23 to Dec. 18, customers can follow @petco on Instagram and submit their favorite photos of their pets showing off their holiday spirit tagged with #JoyLovePetsContest for a chance to win a $1,000 Petco gift card. A winner will be selected every Friday.
- Paw Art: Passionate pet lovers are invited to join us in stores on Nov. 15 from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. to create a free, one-of-a-kind "Paw Art" holiday ornament – a perfect keepsake to hang on the tree this year and beyond! While customers are in stores, they will have a chance to save on other holiday purchases with $10 off a $50 purchase coupon.
Holiday events at Petco and Unleashed by Petco locations include:
- Pet Services Calming Solutions Seminar: Customers and their pets are invited in stores on Nov. 15 and Nov. 16 at 1 p.m. for a free seminar with a Petco Positive Dog Trainer to learn solutions to keep pets calm during the hectic holiday season. The seminar will include tips on reading your dog's body language for signs of stress, the importance of identifying a calm, quiet place to retreat during gatherings, exercise and mental stimulation, products that may help nervous animals and more.
- National Adoption Weekend: For customers considering adding a four-legged friend to the family this holiday season, Petco urges everyone to Think Adoption First. Petco and Unleashed by Petco stores will partner with local shelters and rescues to host two National Adoption Weekends on Nov. 18 and Nov. 19 and Dec. 6 and Dec. 7. The Think Adoption First Care and Savings Program is available to help new pet parents every step of the way with exclusive coupons and helpful care tips. To learn more go to www.Petco.com/adoptions.
- Tree of Hope: For pet parents who want to give back this season, from Nov. 22 through Dec. 28 shoppers can make a donation to the Petco Foundation's Tree of Hope fundraiser at their nearest Petco, Unleashed by Petco, Pooch Hotel, or online at www.petco.com/holiday or www.PetcoFoundation.org. Funds raised through Tree of Hope support the Petco Foundation's lifesaving work with partner animal welfare organizations across the country that help find loving homes for pets. During this time, Halo will also donate $1 for every bag of Halo dog food purchased to the Tree of Hope fundraiser. Customers will also have a chance to purchase a Petco Foundation calendar for $15 and 100% of the proceeds benefit the Petco Foundation.
- Photos with Santa: For customers whose pets love to strike a pose, Photos with Santa is here! On Dec. 6 and Dec. 13, stores will host their annual "Photos with Santa" event. Families and their pets are invited to dress in their finest festive attire and take a photo with St. Nick. A commemorative frame is available for purchase for $8.95 and 100 percent of the proceeds will be donated to the Petco Foundation's annual Tree of Hope Fundraiser benefitting animals in need across the country.
Holiday events at Unleashed by Petco locations:
- Buy a Kong, Give a Kong: For every Kong purchased from Dec. 1 through Dec. 24, Unleashed by Petco will donate a Kong to a local adoption partner. Everyone wins with this buy one, give one offer!
For more information visit www.petco.com/holiday.
About Petco and the Petco Foundation
Petco is a leading pet specialty retailer that focuses on nurturing powerful relationships between people and pets. We do this by providing the products, services, advice and experiences that keep pets physically fit, mentally alert, socially engaged and emotionally happy. Everything we do is guided by our vision for Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We operate more than 1,300 Petco locations across the U.S., Mexico and Puerto Rico, including more than 100 Unleashed by Petco locations, a smaller format neighborhood shop; nine Pooch Hotel destinations for pet daycare, boarding and spa services; and www.petco.com. The Petco Foundation, an independent nonprofit organization, has raised more than $125 million since it was created in 1999 to help promote and improve the welfare of companion animals. In conjunction with the Foundation, we work with and support thousands of local animal welfare groups across the country and, through in-store adoption events, help find homes for more than 400,000 animals every year.
Contact: Megan Oxford, firstname.lastname@example.org