For more than 50 years, Petco has been steadfastly committed to pets' overall health and wellness. Toensure we continue serving the best interest of pets, today and into the future, we launched the Petco Pet Wellness Council (PPWC) in 2019.
The PPWC, an independent coalition of leading experts in veterinary science and animal care, is charged with:
- Serving as an external source of unbiased advice and counsel to Petco's leadership team on a range of topics across the pet care industry o Guiding the development and aggregation of credible pet care science to help educate pet care professionals and, ultimately, all who care for pets
Through the initiatives of the PPWC, we look to reaffirm and deliver on our commitment to being pet parents' and other pet care providers' trusted partner in caring for the overall health and wellness of pets.
PPWC FAST FACTS:
- Established in 2019 o Independent group of leading, pet care professionals in veterinary science o Academic experts with knowledge and experience in diverse aspects of animal health and well-being o Meets quarterly to discuss and review animal care topics and issues of relevance to the pet care industry including pet nutrition, veterinary care, behavior, animal sourcing and ethics
THE PPWC'S MISSION:
Enhance Petco's ability to be a trusted and complete partner in pet care by providing credible, scientifically based information and recommendations on all existing and emerging aspects of pet health and well-being.
THE PPWC'S PURPOSE:
- To provide Petco's leadership team with independent advice and counsel on how to evolve and enhance Petco's practices that ensure best-in-class pet care for the pets the serve.
- To champion the development and aggregation of credible pet care science and evidence-based research on topics of interest to the pet care community.
- To help Petco develop and disseminate educational information and resources on pet care and pet wellness among pet care professionals, and all who care for pets.
For more information on Petco, visit about.petco.com.
Dr. Sean Delaney, DVM, MS, DACVN
Board-certified veterinary nutritionist and founder of Davis Veterinary Medical Consulting in Davis, CA
Dr. Thomas Edling, DVM, MSpVM, MPH
Veterinarian and Veterinary Consultant to the pet industry regarding pet avian and exotice medicine and infectious and zoonotic diseases.
Dr. Marie Hopfensperger, DVM, DACVB
Board-certified pet behaviorist running Michigan State University's Veterinary Medical Center's Behavior Service
Dr. Alexandra Horowitz, MS, PhD
Author and professor, Sr. research fellow and head of the Dog Cognition Lab at Barnard College, Columbia University
Dr. Nicole Leibman, DVM, MS, DACVIM
Board-certified veterinary oncologist and director of the Cancer Institute, Animal Medical Center, New York City, New York
Dr. Whitney Miller, DVM, MBA, DACVPM
Petco head of veterinary medicine, board-certified in veterinary preventive medicine
Dr. Tammy Sadek, DVM, DAVBP
Board-certified veterinarian specializing in feline practice. Author, lecturer and founder of two feline specialty hospitals and Cat Hyperthyroid Radioactive Iodine Services.
Dr. Jonathan Stockman, DVM, DACVN
Board-certified veterinary nutritionist and assistant professor of veterinary nutrition at Long Island University-Post College of Veterinary Medicine
Dr. Lori Teller, DVM, DABVP, CVJ
Board-certified by the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners in canine and feline practice, and Clinical Associate Professor, Telehealth, Dept. of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A&M University
Dr. Andrew West, MEd, PhD
Director, Academy for Teaching and Learning, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences (CVMBS), Colorado State University (CSU)